Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recycle and Restyle

If you're anything like me, you're on a tight budget when it comes to fashion.  Sure, celebrities might be able to afford an $885 pair of Christian Louboutin heels, but I'm pretty much stuck with Payless - or on a good day - Aldo's.  I might love the feel of a cashmere sweater, but for now I'm sporting a machine washable wool/cotton mix. 

This doesn't mean I don't have the desire for a fresh spring look.  In fact, I'm dying for the first day warm enough to break out my sun dresses and hang up my peacoat.  I'm just going to have to be a bit more resourceful this season.   That means making the most with what I have.

So far it's been pretty easy.  I searched my wardrobe - which led me to a few things I forgot I had - and some I wish I didn't.  I brought an entire stack of clothes to a resale shop.  Some, I mixed into my closet, and a few I gave away to friends.  The pile of dresses I bought several years (and several sizes) ago went to my tailor, who is refitting them to my current shape.  I can't wait to get them back!

So why not go and explore your closet?  Take in clothes that don't fit, or sell them for some extra cash.  Or make a girlfriend's day and pass along something you don't need anymore.  Who knows, she could love it!  Either way, it'll help refresh your closet and put some "spring" into your wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment